Wednesday 11 January 2017

First Draft - Film Poster



This is my first draft of my film poster. I have decided to keep it simple, only featuring the profiles of the friendship group from the storyboard and animatic. I aim to have a black background, similar to the 'Unfriended' film poster. I also will include a billing block at the bottom of the page, featuring social media accounts which is relevant to my target audience's interests.
I have decided to use the tag-line 'Friends or Frenemies?' because I feel it relates to my target audience which are 70% female and are on average, ages 17-18 years old who often have conflicts with their friendship groups. 'Accept' and 'Decline' are the style of the Facebook friend request option buttons 'Confirm' and 'Delete'. I want to use the similar format of the Facebook option buttons because  it reminds the reader that it is social media based.

I have included the name of the film '#disconnected' at the top of the page as it is the point of focus that catches the eye of the reader. The word 'connect' is going to be in Facebook blue to highlight, again, that the film is social media based. The word 'connect' is going to be in italics however, as it represents what Facebook and social media aims to do, connect the world as a form of globalisation. However, in this film it ironically does the opposite, disconnecting the friendship group. The rest of the word will be in white to stand out against the block black background.

I hope to complete the finished version of the poster on InDesign.

No comments:

Post a Comment