Sunday 12 March 2017

Codes used for poster


For the background of my poster, I wanted to do something unconventional to many film posters. I decided to create more of the digital technology effect and give the film poster more of an intelligent, technological aspect. After looking into computer codes, I came across a simple but effective version, containing the numbers '0' and '1'. After seeing this, I tested it on the background of my poster and thought that it looked different and unusual which is something I found interesting for my film poster.

However, I didn't just want to replicate a series of '01' codes  as I felt it would be unoriginal and bland. Therefore, I came across the idea of adding 'social media' words that relate to the film trailer. I included words such as 'Fury' and 'Fake' to make my target audience question what the film was about. I made sure to use words that were familiar to the audience however, as they would feel more engaged and enticed to the hidden text. Words describing many target audiences feelings about social media are included, such as 'anxiety' and  'sadness' which are added again, to help gain that connection with the viewer so that they'd want to watch the film.




No comments:

Post a Comment