Tuesday 14 March 2017

'#disconnected' Film Poster - Update






This is my first update for my film poster, '#disconnected'. I like the use of the computer codes in the background to make it look a busy and interesting for the potential viewer to see. I also like the header 'FRIENDS OR FRENEMIES?' as I feel it will relate to my target audience and make them question their own friendship group. The style of the title, '#disconnected' I feel adds that essence of Facebook and social media as I have used the official Facebook font and colours. I did this so it connects to my target audience, as they are technophiles who use social media a lot. I feel that using the official Facebook font and colours will push the target audience into feeling they are somehow familiar and connected to the poster.  To further this connection, I have added the film's social media accounts at the bottom of the billing block so that my potential viewers can 'like' or 'follow' the film, receiving updates and further information about it.






Even though I like most of the poster, I still need to develop it further. One problem that I face is that the codes that I have made for the background run continuously down, through the billing block. This I feel looks unprofessional as two separate boxes of text are layered on top of each other, making it look disorganised and messy. However, I am going to continue to develop the poster further so that the billing block has a solid black background.




After talking with people from my target audience and showing them the poster, I found there are a few aspects of it that could be changed to make it more attractive. They said:
  • Move the film title to the bottom, above the billing block and change the font colours to blue and white to create boldness.
  • Put the header at the top of the poster, so that the viewer can immediately be attracted to a personal question.
  • Change the headers font and colour so that it is more visible on top of the codes.
  • Make the 'Accept' and 'Decline' buttons look more like the metallic buttons on Facebook, like the 'Confirm' and 'Delete'.
  • Add a main image to close the empty space and make it look more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment