Saturday 18 March 2017

film poster update




Here, I have made most of the changes from the last update. Firstly, I have made the bottom of the poster a block colour in black. I did this behind the billing block to erase any confusion which was present before, when I had two blocks of text layered over each other. I feel by doing this, it looks a lot more professional and organised. I have also moved the film title to the bottom of the page, in it's conventional place, above the billing block. I did this as it separates the background containing text from the text of the billing block, making it look tidy and professional. I have also used an a italic font for the word 'connect' to make it stand out the audience that the four people displayed in the main image were once connected and now aren't. Knowing this would make them question and want to know more about the film, keeping the potential viewers keen to learn more. Together with this, I decided to turn the '#dis' and 'ed' white to stand out a lot more behind the darker background.

For the main image, I wanted to test whether I'd like to layer the silhouette profiles of two males and two females (friendship group) which are featured in the film trailer. But before taking the images and creating it myself, I took the time to use 'Google Images' to search for the silhouettes. After I did this, I removed the background using 'Microsoft Word' and changed the colours of the silhouettes to black and grey to match the colours of the poster. Overall, I like the look of the main image as I feel it adds to the anonymous Facebook look. It also adds a sense of mystery as you never actually know who you may talk to online and I feel this image reflects that.

What I am wanting to improve:
  • To finish my poster, I am wanting to take my own photos of the characters featured in the film trailer to create a similar silhouette effect.
  • Change the 'Accept' and 'Decline' buttons, making them look more italic like the Facebook buttons.
  •  Take away the plain white text box from behind the header and change the header to make it stand out a lot more.  






No comments:

Post a Comment